Delayed Openings Announced for Thursday

The closing follows a recent modification to the spring calendar due to a handful of weather-related closures. Christian Wiloejo/The Fordham Ram

By Joe Vitale

UPDATE:  Opening times for Thursday, March 5 have changed in order to accommodate class schedules, according to a second email from Public Safety. Rose Hill will open at 5:30 p.m., not 6:00 p.m. Lincoln Center will open at 3:30 p.m., not 4:00 p.m. 

Citing severe weather and dangerous travel conditions in the New York City area, Public Safety  announced that Fordham’s three campuses — Lincoln Center, Rose Hill and Westchester  — will experience delayed openings on Thursday, March 5.

Rose Hill will open at 5:30 p.m. and Lincoln Center will open at 3:30 p.m. Fordham Westchester will open at 3 p.m, while the Calder Center will be closed on Thursday.

Ram Van service will be effected by the delays, ending at midnight on Wednesday, March 4.  The transportation service is scheduled to resume on Thursday, March 5, at 2 p.m.

Residential dining facilities will be open on their normal schedules at Rose Hill as well the Fitness and Lombardi Centers at Rose Hill, according to the email. Health Services at Rose Hill will open at 2 p.m. on Thursday. 

The closing follows a recent modification to the spring calendar due to a handful of weather-related closures.

To make up for three Monday cancellations, Wednesday, April 1 and Thursday, April 30 (originally a reading day) both will follow a Monday schedule of undergraduate classes.

Friday, May 1 — the second of what was scheduled to be two reading days — will remain a reading day, according to the update.

The University anticipates reopening all campuses on their normal schedules on Friday, March 6.