Public Safety Briefs: Nov. 28 – Dec. 6

Nov. 31
Southern Boulevard
1 p.m.
A student parked his car on Southern Boulevard near Crotona Avenue. When he returned to his car he found that the rear window on the passenger side had been broken into. The student’s backpack was taken from the car. The student filed a report and NYPD is currently investigating. The student said nothing of value was in his backpack.

Dec. 1
Fordham Road
1 p.m.
A student was riding the Bx9 bus to campus. She stepped off the bus and realized that her ID and metro card were stolen. The student believes she was pickpocketed, but denied filing a report with the NYPD.

Dec. 1
Walsh Hall
4 p.m.
An occupied elevator in Walsh Hall became stuck. Seven students were in the elevator. Public Safety notified the elevator company. The company responded within half an hour and fixed the elevator. No students were injured in the incident.

Dec. 2
Alumni Court South
2:30 p.m.
A student reported that someone had removed her Champion sweatshirt from a dryer in the laundry room of Alumni Court South. Public Safety is currently investigating the incident.

Dec. 3
Lombardi Fieldhouse
4:15 p.m.
A student playing basketball in Lombardi Fieldhouse placed his wallet on the floor next to his phone. After practicing, he found that his wallet was missing. The student’s phone was not taken. Approximately three hours later, NYPD arrested three non-students near Fordham. One of the individuals had the student’s wallet in his possession.

— Compiled by Michael Byrne

There is one comment

1. FCRH

We shouldnt have non Fordham students or staff playing on our basketball courts. Not fair to the kids who are paying $60,000+ a year to have them taken by thugs half the time.