News and Notes 1/25/17

By Alvin Halimwidjaya

Hannah Missry is honored for scoring her 1000th point. (Courtesy of Fordham Athletics)

• Javontae Hawkins Named Atlantic 10 Co-Player of the Week

Graduate forward Javontae Hawkins was named the Atlantic 10 Co-Player of the Week on Monday, sharing the honor with George Mason guard Marquis Moore. Hawkins was instrumental in Fordham’s two wins during the week, averaging 20 points and five rebounds along with three assists and two steals. He shot 58 percent from the field and 42 percent from three. The Rams beat VCU at home and UMass on the road. Hawkins notched 22 points against VCU and poured in 18 points against UMass.

• Squash Ends Their Homestand in a Split

The squash team fell to Bucknell 6-3, but bounced back with a 6-3 win against Bard College. The team now has a record of 4-7 for the year. The squash team’s next competition takes place on Jan. 28-29, as it heads to Maryland to participate in the Johns Hopkins Round Robin. These two games end Fordham’s slate of home games for the 2016-17 season.

• Darryl Brown and Dr. Mary Ann Bilotti Named A-10 Legends

Darryl Brown, FCRH ‘75 and Dr. Mary Ann Bilotti, FCRH ‘89 were named to the 2017 Atlantic 10 Legends Class. The program, started in 2013, includes Basketball Hall of Famers, professional and Olympic basketball players. Brown holds the seventh-place spot on the all-time scoring list in Fordham men’s basketball history with 1,233 points, and Bilotti is second in Fordham University women’s basketball history with 1,164 points.

• Hannah Missry Honored for Scoring 1000th Point

Last Sunday against VCU, Hannah Missry was honored for becoming the 19th player to score 1,000 points. Missry also moved up to 17th place on the all-time scoring list in program history, passing Stacey Paukovitz with 1,056 points. She is seven points shy of the next position held by former teammate Erin Rooney. In addition, she passed Amy Waugh of Xavier for sixth place in A-10 history.