Mimes and Mummers casts “Legally Blonde”

By GISELLE ESPINAL

CONTRIBUTING WRITER

Elizabeth Zanghi/The Fordham Ram

Elizabeth Zanghi/The Fordham Ram

Blonde hair. Dashing men. A unique fashion sense. Add some singing and dancing and what do you have? No, not a rendition of Miley Cyrus’ life. You have Legally Blonde: The Musical. In case you have not heard around campus, The Mimes and Mummers club is putting on a production of Legally Blonde: The Musical right here on Fordham’s campus in Collins Auditorium.

In case you have no idea what The Mimes and Mummers club is or what they do, I will save you a search on Google. The Mimes and Mummers is the oldest club at Rose Hill which produces several shows a year and allows incredibly talented people to expose themselves in an entirely different way than they normally do. Some of these incredibly talented people who will be baring their all on stage include Sean McKay, Pam Zazzarino, Jeff O’Donnell and Michelle Corr.  Pam Zazzarino, FCRH ’13 and a pre-law student, will be playing the lead role of Elle Woods, a young blonde who defies all stereotypes and graduates with high honors from Harvard Law School.

Zazzarino expressed what being on stage is about, saying, “My experience has been absolutely wonderful; our cast is so full of energy and fun to be with. I couldn’t be more excited to put on this show, because to me it’s about believing in yourself, and that is so important.”

Jeff O’Donnell, GSB ‘13, will be playing the role of Warner, the young man who breaks the heart of Elle Woods, essentially driving her to applying to Harvard Law School in order to prove her worth to him. O’Donnell himself has his own opinion of his character stating, “It’s a big show, especially to pull off in four weeks, but there’s a ton of talent in the cast and I’m confident it will be great. Many people are familiar with the music and the Broadway production of the show, so it’ll be a fun show to see especially on family weekend. Every show has that jerk you want to push off the stage, and this time it’s me. So, anyone who comes can push me off the stage if they want.”

Sean McKay, FCRH ’17, will be playing the role of Emmett, the charming and supportive young attorney who wins over Elle Woods’ heart. On his experience so far in the production, Sean states, “Obviously being in a show with so little time to rehearse is frightening, but everyone is incredibly talented and works incredibly well together so I think we can definitely pull it off.” Michelle Corr, FCRH ‘17, will be playing the role of Paulette, a middle-aged, divorced manicurist who reinvents herself with the help of Elle Woods. Michelle expresses great excitement for the show, saying, “My experience in this show has been amazing so far. The entire cast, crew and production staff have been so welcoming, and everyone is so talented. I feel so blessed to be a part of this cast, and I can’t wait to see how everything comes together in the end!”

Whether you want to watch incredible talent coming together on the stage, get a thrill from stories where people overcome stereotypes and prove society wrong or you are just a sucker for a good romance, then you shouldn’t miss The Mimes and Mummers’ production of Legally Blonde: The Musical October 3, 4, and 5 at 8 p.m. and October 6 at 2 p.m. – all on the main stage in Collins Auditorium.

Categories: Arts & Entertainment

Tags: ,