Annual ‘Ram Town’ Rally to Spark Basketball Seasons

By KELLY KULTYS
NEWS EDITOR

While many students are still focused on the success of the football season, basketball is just around the corner.

Ram Town, an annual event, held approximately two weeks before the start of the men’s and women’s seasons, kicks off the start of basketball fever at Rose Hill. It will take place in the Rose Hill Gym on Oct. 18 at 9 p.m., with doors opening at 8:45 p.m. 

Students are invited to attend, mainly to cheer on the teams, but they also have the chance to win a variety of prizes. This year the grand prize, for the winner of the free throw contest is a free vacation. Other prizes for competitions include a flat screen TV, Beats by Dre, books for the semester and an iPad.

The night also includes free food, such as pizza and pasta from local Arthur Avenue restaurants. All those in attendance will receive 2013 Ram Town t-shirts.

Students have been advertising the event throughout the weeks, especially through the Ram Town Facebook page, which features videos from some of the players, explaining why students should show their support.

The men’s team hopes for a much better campaign than last season’s 7-24 record. Meanwhile, the women aim to build on last year’s successful 26-9 season, including a second place finish in the Atlantic 10 tournament.  

Categories: Sports