Dressing Up Is Easier Than Ever with These New Fashion Apps

logoBy Jungsuh Kim

Looking for the best apps to spark your inner fashionista? From browsing new trends to picking out the best date-night dress, finding the perfect outfit takes a lot of time and energy. Luckily the App Store has got you covered. These are some of the best apps that will not only keep you up to date on the latest trends, but also allow you to find the best shopping deals.

1. The Hunt

Ever see a really cute necklace on some random passerby and wonder where she got it? Or what about the awesome outfit that you saw on Pinterest and want to know the details? Well, wonder no more. The Hunt is an awesome fashion community app that lets you post pictures of whatever you are looking for and other users can post either similar alternatives or may even find the exact item that you want. It is a great tool for when you have your eye on that girl’s jacket but have no idea where the heck she got it from. You can also follow celebrities and other users to see items they have posted and even follow their “hunts” to get updated when someone locates the item. No wonder The Hunt calls itself the “cure for outfit envy.”

2. Cloth

This is another awesome fashion app that keeps you connected with the larger fashion community. Cloth allows you to view thousands of outfit possibilities uploaded by other users, as well as uploading your own pictures to showcase your unique style. The cool feature on Cloth is its ability to search for outfits based on location and weather. So, put your best outfit forward on those cold winter days.

1. ASOS

Who does not love the ease of online shopping? This mobile version of the ASOS store might just rock your world. Now you can browse through thousands of looks from the high-end British brand right at your fingertips — how awesome is that? The app syncs all of your data to your ASOS account so you can assess your shopping cart from just about any device.

1. Pose

A combination between social media and fashion, Pose is perfect for when you need a little bit of style inspiration. You can follow your favorite fashion bloggers, browse the latest trends from your favorite designers and even buy items through the app. Pose is truly the epitome of a style app, making it an all-in-one fashion necessity.

1. Stylebook

One of my personal favorites — this app is the modern day version of Cher from Clueless’s personal wardrobe styling computer. Stylebook is pretty much a virtual copy of your closet right in your pocket. First, you have to take pictures of your entire closet, which may seem like a chore at first but in the end allows you to put together outfits in a matter of seconds. Stylebook will even keep track of how often you wear each outfit to prevent multiple outfit repeats and give you ratings on your style. If you are the type of person who loves to keep track of what they have, Stylebook is a great utility for you.

6. Polyvore

Suffering from fashionista’s block? Polyvore has got you covered. Instead of spending countless hours browsing through countless fashion blogs, you can opt to check out trending pieces on Polyvore’s feed instead. Mix and match pieces from different stores to create a collage of inspiration and even purchase your favorite trendy items. You will never run out of outfit ideas again.

1. Pinterest

Okay, so this isn’t exactly a fashion app per se, but it is honestly my go-to for outfit inspiration. All you have to do is create an account and create a board to start pinning your favorite fashion pieces. I love scrolling down my Pinterest feed to get ideas for creative outfits or even just to browse through some crazy trendy pieces. It is a great way to get started if you are new to the whole fashion world as there are tons of boards out there that famous fashion bloggers have started. Pinterest even has community boards where multiple users can contribute by adding links or pictures from inspiration online. It is an awesome way to stay connected.

Whether it is the newest trends you’re on the lookout for, or if you are just having one of those days where you cannot decide what to wear, these fashion apps have got you covered. The best part? You did not have to shell out hundreds of dollars to hire a personal stylist.