Jamie Lee of MTV’s ‘Girl Code’ Announced as Spring Weekend Comedian

Stand-up comedian Jamie Lee has will perform during Fordham's Spring Weekend in April. Photo Courtesy of Twitter

Stand-up comedian Jamie Lee has will perform during Fordham’s Spring Weekend in April. Photo Courtesy of Twitter

By Joe Vitale

Jamie Lee, a stand-up comic and cast member of MTV’s “Girl Code,” is slated to be one of several performers during Fordham’s Spring Weekend, according to a post by Campus Activities Board (CAB) on social media.

The announcement followed Thursday’s news that Brandon Stanton, founder of Humans of New York, would be speaking during the weekend of events.

Lee, who was a finalist in the NBC Program “Last Comic Standing,” was named one of the “Top Five Comedians Who Should Be Movie Stars” by the website Nerve, and one of the “Top 18 Women You Should Be Following On Twitter” by Huffington Post.

Originally from Dallas, Texas, she now lives in Los Angeles where she is a writer for “The Pete Holmes Show,” according to her biography on social media.

Lee also has performed on “Conan” and “John Oliver’s New York Stand Up Show,” which last ran in 2013.

She is known for her dry and often self-deprecating style of humor. Her tweets deal with a host of everyday topics, including dating and relationships.

Lee also is popular on Vine, where she has 54,000 followers, and on Instagram, where she has more than 23,000 followers.

Though active on social media, the comedian has yet to make any noise on Twitter about her upcoming performance at Fordham. Her latest tweet, just a few hours before CAB’s announcement, referenced today’s being National Siblings Day. “It is hard being an only child on ,” Lee tweeted. “Everyone thinks we are so selfish, but it’s not about everyone. It’s about me.”

She, has, however, cracked jokes about college life in general. “College: life’s cute little holding cell,” Lee tweeted last month.

Check out her performance on “The Pete Holmes Show” below.

There is one comment