Fordham Winter Outerwear Storms Campus

By Sarah Hartnett

Lace up your best winter boots and throw on the scarf, because the ground is slippery and there is a chill in the air. While it may be cold, we still have to attend class, so why not look chic while doing it? It is easy to look effortlessly stylish for class. My go-to look is an oversized, chunky sweater from Free People, black Lululemon leggings, knitted socks and my Ugg snow boots to create the perfect winter outfit. Soft colors are in this season, so always go for a good neutral or pink tone. The best thing about the sweater/leggings combo is that it is comfortable and convenient.

Fordham students bundle up for class in style, featuring a variety of popular winter trends. Regana Alicka/The Fordham Ram

I can be comfortable sitting in class all day, then make an easy transition to the gym by changing my shirt. Workout clothes are very cute this season, and girls can take advantage of the vibrant colors and comfortable fabrics for the classroom as well as the gym.
For those who are not into the sweater look, vests are also a great way to layer. J. Crew’s quilted down vests are particularly popular at Fordham. What I really enjoy about this vest is that comes in neutral colors that you can layer over anything. I have the navy blue one and I always layer it over a long-sleeved white shirt.

The options are endless when layering with a vest. You could do a patterned look underneath it or keep it simple with a contrasting solid. It is a simple, easy outfit, yet it always looks good. You could also throw on some chunky bangles and a long necklace to complete the outfit. Vests also layer well under coats to stay warm while outside.

Mary Kate Gallagher. Regana Alicka/The Fordham Ram

Regana Alicka/The Fordham Ram

Shoe choices are incredibly important in the winter to stay warm and dry. I love wearing my riding boots, but during these snowy winter days it is difficult to wear them. So, if you want fashionable boots that don’t make you look like you are about to go skiing, I would suggest the L.L. Bean ducks boots or the Ugg snow boots. You can also buy a fun pair of socks to layer over your jeans or leggings, keeping your feet warm but also showing off your personal style.

Accessories are the final piece of any winter outfit. Knitted beanies, mittens and scarves show personality and add warmth. There are so many options on how to make these styles your own. I have seen fashionistas walking around campus with different color knits, or even some representing their favorite sports teams.

Beanies are also perfect to throw on if you are having a bad hair day. Mittens and gloves also have been developed that allow for texting in any elements. I also like mittens that fold over or finger-less gloves for even more freedom.

When it comes to fashion, the possibilities are endless. Mix and match and have fun with it. Stay warm rams.