Three Suspects in Custody Following Shootout Near Rose Hill

Two officers were reportedly wounded following a shooting near Fordham's Rose Hill campus. Tony Webster/Flickr

By Joe Vitale

Police have taken into custody three suspects connected with a shooting that left two plainclothes officers wounded last evening in the Fordham section of the Bronx, according to law enforcement officials.

The two plainclothes officers were shot while investigating a robbery near East 184th Street and Tiebout Avenue, reported The New York Post.

One of the suspects was apprehended in a hospital where he we went to receive treatment for gun wounds. The other two, including the alleged gunman, were found on Tremont Avenue, just a few short blocks from the location of the shooting, officials say.

No charges have been filed as of Tuesday afternoon.

The two officers wounded — Andrew Dossi, 30, and Aliro Pellerano, 38 — are expected to recover.

One of the suspects, Jason Polanco, allegedly opened fire on the two officers outside a Chinese restaurant. The officers were wounded, but fired back, injuring one of the suspects, according to the NYPD.

Students were notified of the incident, which occurred shortly before 11 p.m., in a university-wide security alert.

The email from Fordham Public Safety advised university personnel to remain on campus due to “heavy police activity in the surrounding area.”

The email did not say that the incident involved NYPD officers.

This story was updated at 5 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon.