New York Is My Campus

By The Culture Editors

The New York Botanical Garden celebrates its 15th annual Orchid Show until April (Courtesy of Flickr).

• The Orchid Show: Thailand
    New York Botanical Garden
    2900 Southern Blvd, Bronx, NY 10458
    For only $18, Fordham students can cross Southern Boulevard and fully immerse themselves in Thailand’s rich culture through beautiful blooms. The New York Botanical Garden, a perfect oasis amidst the stress of midterms, celebrates its 15th year of The Orchid Show. This year’s exhibition is in the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory and includes a wide variety of orchids set in a tropical garden, culminating with a large arched facade to pay homage to a traditional Thai pavilion.
  • Muslim in New York
    Museum of the City of New York
    1220 Fifth Ave, New York, NY 10029
    With an estimated 270,000 Muslim Americans living in all five boroughs, the diverse community represents three percent of the city’s population. The Museum of the City of New York highlights 34 images by four photographers who each documented Muslim New Yorkers from the mid-20th through 21st century. Together, this photography collection paints a portrait of the Muslim New Yorker’s experience.
  • The Law Firm: Law and Disorder
    UCB Theatre – Chelsea
    Feb. 24 @ 10:30 p.m.
    307 W. 26th St, New York, NY 10001
    Experience up-and-coming performers at Upright Citizen’s Brigade, home to New York’s best live comedy. Members of improv group The Law Firm will choose one audience member’s live testimony about being wronged by a former friend, boss or ex and put together a fully improvised show about it. With comedians that have starred in and written for shows like 30 Rock, Broad City and Late Night with Seth Meyers, Law and Disorder is sure to impress.
  • The Vintage Twin Pop Up Shop
    26 Prince St, New York, NY 10012
    Buyer’s remorse, be gone! This company re-creates and sells old clothes whose partial proceeds go to charity. It has an online store and currently features pop up shops in two locations in Manhattan. Buying from the Vintage Twin reduces the dangerous side-effects of mass-produced clothes and pays forward with the donation to charity.
  • Laduree SoHo
    318 W Broadway, New York, NY 10012
    Be transported to Paris in the middle of SoHo upon entering the sweet-smelling and ornately decorated macaron shop and restaurant. Whether you just stop in for a treat and espresso or stay for a delicious three course dinner, it is more than a place that sells food: it is an experience. Try to make reservations in advance if you plan on having a meal there.