News and Notes March 29-April 4, 2017

By Alvin Halimwidjaya

Fordham News and Notes from March 29-April 4, 2017 (Courtesy of Fordham Athletics).

• Softball’s Aughinbaugh Wins A-10 Pitcher of the Week        

Freshman pitcher Madison Aughinbaugh was named A-10 Pitcher of the Week as she picked up three wins over the weekend, bringing her record to 9-3 for the season. Her best game came in a start against Saint Joseph’s, throwing six innings and only allowing six hits and one walk along with six strikeouts. This is Fordham’s 15th weekly award of season, and the Rams have earned at least one award for each of the eight weeks of the season. Aughinbaugh allowed only eight hits, one run and one walk over 15 innings, tallying nine strikeouts. She also averaged a 0.47 ERA over the weekend.

• Golf’s Schiller Earns Golfer of the Week Award

Junior Matt Schiller received his first A-10 “Golfer of the Week” this season. Schiller led the Rams at the Wildcat Invitational from March 27-28, notching a tie for sixth place with an even par total of 142 over two days. He scored 70 in the first round and 72 in the second. Schiller’s effort pushed the Rams to a seventh place finish out of 19 teams.

• Basketball’s Chartouny to Declare for NBA Draft

Sophomore guard Joseph Chartouny announced on Wednesday, March 29 that he would declare for the 2017 NBA Draft. He also announced he would not sign with an agent, allowing him to withdraw from the draft and return to Fordham before the deadline on May 24. This season, Chartouny averaged 12.1 points per game and 4.1 rebounds per game over 29 games. He was third in the NCAA with 3.24 steals per game, fifth in the nation with 94 total steals, a Fordham record and third in the A-10 Divison with 144 assists for an average of five per game.

• Fordham Hosts Pro Day on Murphy Field

Fordham held its annual Pro Day last week, allowing four seniors to exhibit their talent in front of NFL scouts: Linebacker George Dawson, tight end Phazahn Odom, running back Kendall Pearcey and defensive back Jihaad Pretlow. They worked out for NFL scouts from 10 teams, including the Arizona Cardinals, New York Giants and the Seattle Seahawks.