One of the problematic issues for virtual casino operators is the protection of customer data. Platform gambling clubs regularly become targets of fraudsters. Swindlers organize hacking attacks or simply steal user accounts. David Reid talks about how modern casinos provide a safe environment to play for money.
The safest online casino requests a large amount of player data. This is because you need to comply with the requirements of the regulator’s license. Regulatory organizations require:
- Playing from a single account. The casino administration needs to make sure that the user does not have a duplicate profile. Otherwise, this will put other customers in a less favorable position.
- Age of majority. The regulator does not issue licenses to sites that accept bets from underage players. The operator asks for passport data to verify the age of the user.
- Payment details. A player can not top up the account from one bank card, and withdraw to another. This scheme is used for money laundering.
The data that the player transfers during registration and verification are stored on a closed server. To ensure maximum protection the casino operator uses bank encryption technologies. You can find more information about these systems here. In addition, the company has a 24/7 team of specialists on staff to monitor the security of the closed online space.
Users can register with the casino in a variety of ways. Some players attach pages from social media. Other users download the casino app and register already through a phone number or email.
During registration, you need to come up with a password, as well as confirm your payment details. This can be a cryptocurrency wallet, a bank card or an account in an online system. These data are immediately saved on the server and are not displayed in the personal cabinet. A fraudster, even if the player’s account is hacked, will not be able to find out the secret code of his bank card.
The next block of information is related to passport data. To pass verification, you need to take selfies with a personal document. This photo is uploaded through the personal cabinet to the server of the gambling club. In the personal cabinet of the client’s casino there are no photos. Therefore, it is simply impossible to steal confidential information.
The safety of playing online casino slots also depends on the actions of the player himself. Fraudsters catch on the mistakes of beginners. The user should adhere to several recommendations:
- Regular change of the password. The operator allows you to change the login data without restrictions. The user can even come up with a new password every time. This gives maximum protection against hacking.
- Two-factor authentication. The player needs to confirm his actions to enter the personal cabinet. Otherwise, the system will simply block authorisation.
- Removal of passport scans from the phone. Most newcomers pass the verification of the casino through their smartphones. Modern phones can be loaded with viruses and spyware utilities that will easily pass the photos to scammers.
Professional gambling clubs organize a 24/7 support chat room. Here, the user can discuss anything. Including the player will be able to find out how to maximize the protection of his account or solve problems with login and privacy.