Domestika is a popular online learning platform that offers a wide range of creative courses to help you develop your skills in areas such as design, photography, animation, illustration, and more.
These courses are designed to be accessible to learners at all levels, from beginners to advanced professionals.
Whether you’re looking to learn a new skill, develop your creative abilities, or expand your professional portfolio, Domestica’s courses offer a wealth of knowledge and resources to help you achieve your goals.
Discover the 25 Most Popular Domestika Courses
Here is the list of the top 25 Domestika courses perfect for learners of all skill levels:
- Illustration Techniques to Unlock Your Creativity
- Character Design with Procreate
- Introduction to Custom Lettering
- Creative Photography with Natural Light
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop
- Art Direction and Illustration for Advertising
- Branding and Corporate Identity Design
- 3D Modeling and Animation Techniques With Cinema 4D
- After Effects, Expressions for Motion Graphics
- Creation of Interior Design Projects with SketchUp
- Portrait Photography with Natural Light
- Introduction to Adobe Premiere Pro
- Children’s Book Illustration with Procreate
- Figure Drawing for Beginners
- Graphic Design Basics
- English Calligraphy for Beginners
- Fashion Photography for Beginners: From Concept to Camera
- Copywriting: Define the Tone of your Brand
- Introduction to Concept Art for Expressive Character Design
- Stop Motion Animation for Beginners
- Design Thinking for Innovation
- Digital Painting with Procreate
- Hand-Lettering Techniques for Objects
- Creative Writing for Beginners
- 2D Animation with Toon Boom Harmony
How Does Domestika Work?
Domestika courses are taught by experts in design, animation, illustration, photography, and more. Here is how Domestika works:
- Browse Courses: You can explore courses on Domestika’s website or mobile app. The courses are divided into categories, and you can use the search bar to find courses related to a specific topic or skill.
- Choose a Course: Once you find a course that interests you, you can view the course details, including the syllabus, instructor bio, and course duration. You can also watch a trailer or preview of the course to get a sense of what it entails.
- Enroll in a Course: To enroll in a course, you need to create a Domestika account. Once you create an account, you can purchase a course, which will be added to your account.
- Access the course materials: Once you purchase a course, you will have lifetime access to its materials, which include video lessons, project files, and community forums.
- Complete the course: You can complete the course at your own pace, and there are no deadlines or schedules to follow. The courses are interactive and hands-on, so you will be able to practice what you learn.
- Get a Certificate: Once you complete a course, you will receive a certificate of completion, which you can download and share on your social media profiles or LinkedIn.
Who Founded Domestika?
Domestika was founded by a group of creative professionals based in Spain in 2010. The co-founders of Domestika are:
- Agustin Alonso: He is the CEO and co-founder of Domestika. he has over 20 years of experience in the design industry and has previously worked for companies such as Apple, Hewlett-Packard, and Frog Design.
- Marta Falcon: She is the Creative Director and co-founder of Domestika. She is a graphic designer and has worked on several branding and communication projects for various companies.
- Jordi Miro: He is the COO and co-founder of Domestika. He has over 20 years of experience in the online marketing and e-commerce industry and has previously worked for companies such as eBay and PayPal.
The idea behind Domestika was to create an online learning platform that would allow creative professionals to share their knowledge and expertise with others in an accessible and affordable way. Initially, Domestika focused on offering courses in Spanish, but now it also offers courses in English and other languages as well. Today, Domestika has over 10 million users from around the world and offers over 1000 courses across various creative disciplines. Domestika has also won several awards for its innovative approach to online learning and has become a leader for creative professionals seeking to develop their skills and advance their careers.
Are Domestika Courses Available in English?
Yes, Domestika offers courses in English and other languages, too, like Spanish, French, Portuguese, and German. While browsing courses on the website, you can filter your search by language to find courses that are available in English. Many of the courses are taught by instructors who are fluent in both English and the language in which the course is offered. So, you can expect high-quality content in the language of your choice.
How Much Do Domestika Courses Cost?
The cost of Domestika courses varies depending on the course, the instructor, and the duration of the course. On average, Domestika courses cost between $20 and $90, although some courses might be more expensive. However, Domestika frequently offers promotions and discounts, so it’s always a good idea to check the website for current deals and prices. In addition to the individual course prices, Domestika also offers a subscription service called Domestika Pro, which gives you access to all their courses for a monthly or yearly fee. The monthly subscription costs $19.90 per month, while the yearly subscription costs $179 per year. With a Domestika Pro subscription, you can take as many courses as you like without any additional cost, and you’ll also receive exclusive discounts on other Domestika products and services.
Like every learning platform, Domestika offers tons of benefits to learners. However, there are a few drawbacks too. Here are a few pros and cons that you should consider before enrolling for a course on Domestika:
Who Teaches Domestika Courses?
Domestika courses are taught by a diverse group of instructors from around the world who are experts in their respective fields. The instructors are selected based on their experience, skills, and their ability to effectively teach and communicate their knowledge to students. Domestika instructors come from a variety of backgrounds, including design, photography, marketing, illustration, and more. Many of them are well-known and respected professionals in their industries and have worked for major companies and brands. Some notable Domestika instructors are Martina Flor, James Victore, Paula Scher, Mauro Martins, and Soma Helmi.
Pros and Cons of Enrolling in Domestika Courses
- High-Quality Content: Domestika courses are designed and taught by expert professionals in their respective fields, ensuring that learners have access to high-quality content and instruction.
- Diverse Range of Topics: Domestika offers a diverse range of creative courses on various topics like illustration, design, photography, animation, and more.
- Interactive Learning: Domestika’s online platform is interactive and allows learners to interact with instructors and other students through comments, forums, and project feedback.
- Flexible Learning: Domestika’s courses are self-paced, allowing learners to study and practice at their own convenience and access course content for a lifetime.
- Affordable Pricing: Compared to traditional educational institutions, Domestika’s courses are relatively affordable, making them accessible to a wider audience.
- Limited Accreditation: Dometika’s courses are not accredited by any formal educational institution or professional organization, which may limit their value in some contexts.
- Limited Scope: Domestika offers diverse courses that focus primarily on creative skills. These courses may not cater to learners seeking more technical or specialized skills.
- Language Barriers: Although Domestika offers courses in several languages, its courses are primarily taught in Spanish, which may be a barrier for non-Spanish-speaking learners.
- No Live Sessions: Domestika’s courses are pre-recorded, which means that learners cannot interact with the instructor in real time or ask questions during live sessions.
- Limited Job Placement Assistance: Domestika’s courses do not offer any formal job placement or career services, which may be a disadvantage for learners seeking to advance their careers in their respective fields.
With expert instructors, high-quality content, and an interactive online platform, Domestika has become a go-to destination for individuals seeking to learn and develop creative skills.
These courses provide a comprehensive and accessible learning experience. Overall, Domestica is a great platform for learners seeking to develop their skills and pursue their passions in a flexible and affordable manner.
However, its limitations in terms of accreditation, scope, language, and live sessions, may not make it suitable for everyone.