No one enjoys moving. Luckily, there’s a wealth of tools we can use to make moving as easy and less time consuming as possible. For instance, moving blankets can make sure that everything from your fragiles to your heavy equipment are protected during transportation. Though, moving blankets can be used for multiple purposes. It’s no wonder they’re widely used in the trucking and moving industry. Let’s go over the uses for moving blankets.
Ways to Use a Moving Blanket
Whether you’re a flatbed trucker hauling heavy machinery or a commercial mover transporting furniture, you must use Moving Blankets. Here are a few ways you can maximize the usage of a Moving Blanket for your next move.
- Wrap the Furniture or Other Items: Moving pads can provide optimal protection of your materials. Moreover, they can cover your cargo entirely, which reduces the instance of cargo damage. Your materials will be protected from scratches and dings when loading and unloading.
- Sliding Heavy Equipment: Additionally, you can use Moving Blankets to move around your furniture and appliances within your home. By simply placing moving pads underneath heavy or bulky items like a couch, you can slide them throughout the house without worrying about scratching up your new floors.
- Filling Gaps: Furniture Moving Pads also prevent your items from shifting during transit. A Moving Blanket can be used to fill in spaces left between items. A tighter fit of your shipment will prevent anything from shifting and or even breaking during transit. You just can’t go wrong with investing in a Moving Blanket.
- Covering the Shipment: When you have everything loaded onto your flatbed trailer, van or truck, make sure to cover the entirety of your cargo. Using Moving Pad to protect your shipment against dust or debris can help maintain the integrity and condition of your product. No one wants to arrive at their location with broken or damaged cargo.
Here Are 7 Reasons to Use Moving Blankets
By there being a number of different ways to use Moving Blankets, it’s easy to see why they’re so important. Not only do they protect your cargo but they also prevent damage to surrounding surfaces. Here are a number of reasons to use a Moving Blanket for all your moving needs.
- They Protect Your Walls and Floors: The last thing you want to do is ruin the floors and walls of your new home. Abundant foot traffic in your home can leave behind scratches on your floors. Laying Moving Blankets over carpets and hardwood floors helps protect them from scratches and mud tracks. Additionally, Moving Blankets can even protect the walls when moving your cargo throughout the house. After all, you want your move to go smoothly.
- Help You to Move Heavy Items: Furniture Pads are also great at helping you move heavy items throughout your home. Simply place the Moving Blanket on the ground and put your heavy item on top, before covering it. Afterwards, drag your materials around your home and move them with ease. It also saves you time and energy in organizing your materials from inside your new home. Your new floors will be safe from harm.
- Protect the Items and Goods from Dust: Wrapping your furniture in Moving Blankets protects it from dust buildup. Overall, Moving Blankets can be used to protect your cargo from unfavorable weather conditions like a winter blizzard. Similarly, Moving Blanket uses also include protecting your materials from hazardous elements on the road. They even shield your items like a painting from harmful UV Sunlight. The uses for Moving Blankets are endless.
- Prevent Scratching and Damage to Your Items: Generally, Moving Pads are used to wrap up your large or oddly shaped items to help protect them. Fortunately, size isn’t an issue since they can fit around most appliances and furniture. In fact, it’s recommended that you use multiple Moving Blankets to cover your materials entirely. There’s no such thing as too much padding. By doing so, you’re providing an extra layer of protection that’ll keep your cargo from acquiring dents or scratches during your move.
- Protect to Prevent Loads from Shifting in Trailer: Other important uses for Moving Blankets involve preventing the shifting of your cargo. As mentioned before, you can fill in the spaces or gaps between your materials to prevent them from moving around during transit. Additionally, Moving Pads prevent your items from breaking. Movers and Flatbed truckers alike want to make sure their items remain in good condition throughout the whole move. When it comes to using Moving Blankets, they should always provide optimal protection.
- Added Protection During Transportation: Moving Blankets make moving your items easy and we mean that literally. Large, bulky materials like a dresser that’s wrapped in a Moving Blanket can travel safely on hardwood or even marble floors. Not only are your items safer, but they’re easier to move. Your bad shoulder will thank you in the end. Moving Blankets add a layer of protection that you need to transfer or move your items safely around your new home.
- Protect Items in Your Boxes: Uses for your Moving Blankets also involve protecting your items from within your boxes. The last thing you want is for any of your moving boxes to have extra space leftover. Wrapping your materials up with Moving Pads before packing them inside a box could prevent the instance of gaps. This will reduce the chance of them shifting around and breaking during transit.
Why Use Moving Blankets Instead of Other Materials
Moving can be a simple, fast and easy process if you’re using Moving Blankets. They provide an extra layer of protection for furniture, appliances and even paintings. Naturally, they’ll prevent your items from acquiring dents, scratches or dings.
Other tools like plastic and bubble wrap may do more bad than good to your materials in the end. These tools can also tear easily, leading to permanent damage to your cargo. By making use of Moving Blankets, you save money and avoid making costly repairs to your cargo.
Moving Blankets Keep Your Materials in Good Condition
Moving is hard work and can be stressful, but if you use Moving Blankets, there are many moving benefits and you can rest assured that your materials are being transported safely. No matter if you’re a professional mover, a DIY mover or a flatbed trucker, knowing when and where to use Moving Blankets can help keep your items looking pristine.